Low Carb Cacao Espresso Mask
Makes enough for one face… and a low carb snack!
- 3 oz dark chocolate or 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp finely ground fresh, organic coffee (Espresso or Turkish grind works well.)
- 2 tbsp almond milk, or as needed to reach a spreadable consistency
- Using a water bath and very low heat, slowly melt the low carb dark chocolate. Mix the melted chocolate or cacao powder, espresso coffee and almond milk together in a bowl.
- If the chocolate mask is too thick to apply evenly to your face, add water or more almond milk. The mask should be slightly sticky, but easy to spread.
- Smear all the chocolatey goodness on your gorgeous face. Let the mask rest on your face or body for 15 to 20 minutes. While you wait, enjoy the delicious leftovers in the bowl.
- When the time is up, rinse the chocolate mask off gently using warm water.
Marvel over your fresh, glowing skin! And next time, share this low carb chocolate espresso face mask recipe with a friend.
Reasons to Use a Chocolate Mask
Craving a sweet, low carb snack? Love chocolate and coffee? Want to freshen up your look with something all-natural and safe? This chocolate cacao espresso face mask is your healthy answer.
Health Benefits of Coffee and Chocolate
- Eating moderate amounts of healthy dark chocolate speeds up weight loss and fat loss.
- Dark chocolate, cacao and coffee are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants work within your body to fight off diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
- A single serving of cocoa has a higher concentration of flavonoids and antioxidants than either red wine or green tea.
- A little high-quality dark chocolate relaxes blood vessels, making them more flexible (American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Dec. 2008), and lowered blood pressure in overweight people.
- Moderate coffee drinking on a low carb diet helps you look younger, feel happier and live longer.
- Coffee drinkers are at lower risk for developing type 2 diabetes (Nutrition Reviews, 2007) and a reduced risk of cancer (International Journal of Cancer, 2009).
Keep the Chocolate Mask Low Carb
Use dark chocolates and reduced sugar almond milk if possible. The amount of the mask that is left over for a low carb snack is just enough for a sweet taste, but not enough to ruin your diet.
Share Your Voice
Category: Style & Trends