Stand out from the crowd with a children’s felt veggie project.
Create your own realistic felt fruit and vegetables with a kit, or find them ready-made.
Adorable, felt vegetables are an inexpensive but novel way to impact your child’s view of healthy low carb eating.
Low Carb Felt Veggie Crafts
Younger children will adore these soft, plush “toys” while learning about healthier, low carb vegetable choices.
Older children can make their own felt fruits and veggies from cut-out felt kits or patterns.
Play Felt Fruits and Vegetables
Healthy Gourmet Pita Pocket Lunch
Playing with felt food is a fun lesson in healthy eating. Fill these felt pita pockets with vibrant lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, carrots and cheese slices.
There are enough materials to make two tasty, healthy play food lunches.
(non-toxic, child safe) Check online for the latest felt pita price.
Play Food: Soft Summer Salad
Encourage healthy food choices through play! This soft set includes you need to make a great pretend salad:
Salad bowl & 17 felt fruit and vegetable ingredients: greens, olive slices, mushrooms, onion rings and tomato slices.
Sold very inexpensively on Amazon, check for the latest summer felt salad price.
Fresh Felt Vegetables Play Set
A beautifully finished, 14-piece complete felt vegetable set grouped in a natural fiber style basket.
Machine-washable vegetables include lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mushroom, corn and carrots.
The felt vegetables offered sometimes change, so check for lowest priced felt veggie basket online.
Play Felt Fruit Basket
9 tightly stitched soft fruit pieces encourage healthy role play.
Felt fruit includes: orange slices, kiwi, green apples, banana, grapes and watermelon.
The felt fruits offered do change, so check online for latest felt fruit varieties and prices.
Play Felt Food Fruit and Vegetable Puppet Set
Keep Little Hands Busy
Teach your children the importance of eating low carb fruits and vegetables by sharing the delicious food group stories of Gertie Grape, Patty Pea Pod, Barry Banana, Curly Carrot and Tommy Tomato.
- The basic play food set includes 5 puppets, instructions and ideas for using puppets, 13 pages of reproducible resource material including coloring and word search handouts, and general nutrition information.
- The deluxe set includes 10 puppets, adding Wendy Wheatbread, Billy Broccoli, Ollie Orange, Mindy Milk and Polly Peanut.
- Soft puppet faces are big enough to fit adult hands with embroidered features for added safety.
Visit the NeatSolutions website for felt finger puppet details and kit prices for classroom and home.
Felt Vegetable Finger Puppet Project
This low carb children’s project is a perfect educational tool for the home or classroom.
- Making pretend vegetables is a fresh creative project for show and tell at school.
- At home, construct delicious-looking bundles with your child while talking about healthy foods and the benefits of your low carb diet.
Felt Vegetable Pattern
Click the pattern below to print or save it on your computer.
The pattern is high resolution (2000 x 1340 px), and may be printed large enough to fit on an adult head. Yes, they even make cute hats!
Low Carb Life Lessons
Ready to Grow Low Carb?
It’s an incredible thing to get your kids involved in gardening and planting, even at very young ages.Here are a few creative ideas:
- “Plant” your felt veggies in a garden and talk about all the delicious low carb meals you can make with them.
- Plan a special trip to the grocery store to buy the real vegetables. Later, make dinner together the low carb way.
Felt Veggie Inspiration:
| CLICK ANY SLIDE TO ENLARGE |